cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to run signatures update for IOS IPS from xxxxx.pkg file?

zheka_pefti
Level 2
Level 2

Hi folks,

<br />I got curious after enabling and loading IPS signatures into our routers. I used the latest IOS-S376-CLI.pkg file to load basic signatures set. Now then I have signature definitions files in the routers flash in xml format.

<br />How about auto updates? Cisco's user guide says that I can download them from the server via rcp/tftp/ftp and they should be xml files. Where will I get the latest xml files? Should I load the latest pkg file into the router again, compile the signatures and then pre-position them for all other 80 routers to pull them from the central location? As far as I understand Cisco publishes them in pkg format. Am I missing something? Advise please!!!

4 Replies 4

jvalin__s
Level 1
Level 1

hi zheka,

well I have updated the latest 377pkg file through the manual update.

before updating the signature you need to have latest version of ENGINE.

for 376 or 377 you will require E3 engine. If you IPS has E1 engine then step by step u need to update the engine to E2 and then to E3. the engine update files are available on the smartnet login if u have.

Thanks & Regards

Jvalin

Engine? Never heard of it. Sorry for being negligent. Can you please provide a link to engine upgrade?

well I am sorry I thought you are trying to upgrade it on the sensor, please tell me the router series on which you are trying to upgrade the IPS signatures.

I figured you mixed it up with the sensor :-)

No problem, we've got about 80 871W routers at the customer's remote stores and routers run one of the latest IOS releases, c870-advipservicesk9-mz.124-22.T

Thanks in advanced

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card