Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Length of LiveRecord

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I just ran throught the setup of LiveRecord feature using the VOD that is posted here.

Everyting is working great. However when I tested the feature, the system automatically cut off the recording aspect of the call after like 60 to 90 seconds. I doubleschecked the default length of a voicemail message and it is set to 5 minutes.

Any reason that it would stop after such a short period of time? Is there a default length of a recorded call? Will it automatically stop if your mailbox is close to it's limit? Etc...

thanks.

Brian

www.jaydien.com

14 Replies 14

Brian,

The default caller message length is 60 secs:

UC500-CUE# sh voicemail limits
Default Mailbox Size (seconds):         775
Default Caller Message Size (seconds):  60

You can try to modify this (per voicemail box) and see if it makes any difference (remember to log into CUE):

UC500-CUE# conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z

UC500-CUE(config)# voicemail mailbox owner marchern

UC500-CUE(config-mailbox)# messagesize 200
UC500-CUE(config-mailbox)# end

C500-CUE# sh voicemail detail mailbox marchern
Owner:                                  /sw/local/users/marchern
Type:                                   Personal
Description:                            marchern
Busy state:                             idle
Enabled:                                true
Mailbox Size (seconds):                 775
Message Size (seconds):                 200

Thanks,

Marcos

jaydien1358
Level 3
Level 3

Marcos,

I'm unable to issue the command:

sh voicemail limits

Should that be issued after logging into CUE? If so, how do I log into CUE? Is that done through telnetting to a different IP? Thanks.

Brian

Sorry, I forgot to include that part. You can get to the CUE CLI by issuing the following command:

UC500#service-module service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session

Then enter your username and passwords (same one you use for the UC520). Type "enable" and enter (the enable password in CUE is a no-op, always blank). At that point you will be in privileged mode CLI, similar to the IOS one.

After you are done, type "exit" until you get back to the IOS (UC500) prompt. Please notice that the connection to CUE is an async access (serial console). Sometimes, you will have to clear the session if you want to get into it again. Do that by using

UC500#service-module service-module integrated-Service-Engine 0/0 session clear

Let me know how it goes.

Marcos

Thanks.

I was able to issue those command. Looks like that did the trick. Thanks.

Brian

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

hmm

Yeah my thoughts exactly.

If LiveRecord is dependant on the variables set forth by the voicemailbox limits, then what happens if your mailbox is close to it's capacity? In other words, if your mailbox capacity is 15 minutes of messages and you've got 13 minutes in there already, then you go to record a call which might run 4 to 5 minutes, what happens? Will the recording process just quit when you reach your predetermined mailbox limit?

Also, what if you have plenty of room in your mailbox but the call goes 10 or 11 minutes? Will it stop recording after 300 seconds?

-Brian

Brian,

The answers to your questions is yes. Live Record will only record based on the settings of the individual mailbox (the timers are controlled by those settings). A couple of comments from the documentation:

- After the conference is terminated, the voice conversation can continue without further recording. When the live-record session is stopped, the recording is put in the new message state and the MWI is triggered.

- Each recording can be saved, deleted, or forwarded just like any other voice mail message and are addressed as being from the subscriber. The recording is applied against the subscriber's mailbox limit until it is deleted.

This following comment is probably the one that confused you:

"The size of live-record messages is limited only by the amount of space remaining in the subscriber's voice mailbox."

We saw that this is not the case, as they are controlled by the maximum duration of an individual message. I will confirm this with the CUE team (although your testing is proof enough) and I will get back to you. If needed, we'll correct the documentation.

If your concern is that the mailbox can fill up, you can retrieve and save the live record messages using the Integrated Messaging feature (using IMAP with Outlook or other e-mail client). Unfortunately, e-mail notifications don't work for messages created by Live Record.

Marcos

Hi Brian,

In talking to the CUE Dev team, they assure me that the documentation in correct and that the maximum recording time for Live Record should not follow the message size for the mailbox, but its total capacity instead. Can you confirm your CUE version (log into CUE and do "show software ver")? Did you upgrade using CCA 1.9?

Thanks,

Marcos

Yes I upgraded using CCA 1.9

My CUE version is 3.2 and CME is 7.0(0)

Thanks.

-Brian

Hi Marcos,

I was testing Live Record for a customer, But there have a problem.

1. Suppose I  have a 3 party conference & Press Live Record to start recording.

Now if the Phone that initiated the Live Record drops of the Conference , the Live Record still continues.

And it keeps contiuing till the Last person in the conference has dropped out.

To change this behaviour I issued the command "conference drop-mode creator" in the ephone-template 1

So now when the Phone that initiated the Live record drops out of the conference the Live record stops.

Problem is the customer also has shared lines for quite a few Users , they use cbarge quite often.

Previously before issuing the mmand "conference drop-mode creator" in the ephone-template 1

the users had no problems with cbarge.

But now once the users Barge's the call for the shared line & drops off , the whole call drops.

How do I go about fixing this.

Thanks,

Oliver

Oliver, this is an interesting feature interaction problem. Since only one ephone-template can be applied to a phone, I don't see a workaround for this.

Marcos

Douglas Smith
Level 1
Level 1

Brian,

I just tested the one button Live recording and I can record for approx 13 mins, the max size of my mailbox as long as there are no messages in the mailbox.

voicemail default messagesize 240
voicemail live-record pilot-number 297
voicemail live-reply enable
voicemail mailbox owner "aaa" size 775
end mailbox

Deleted or saved email will reduce the available size of the mailbox.

I was looking at my mailbox size using the native GUI at http://10.1.10.1 and selecting Voice Mail ->Mailboxes and selecting my user I noticed that even when I delete a message from my mailbox in this case it was a 13 min live recording the recording is still in the mailbox for a period of time and I could not record while that was the case.

live-record.JPG

Here you can see a saved message will also reduce the possible message length.

live-record2.JPG

I used my phone to log into my voicemail and purge all saved or deleted messages,  after I completed that I was able to record to the maximum voicemail length.

Hope that helps,

Douglas Smith

It certainly does. Thank you for that information.

Brian

www.jaydien.com

Hi Douglas,

I was testing Live Record for a customer, But there have a problem.

1. Suppose I  have a 3 party conference & Press Live Record to start recording.

Now if the Phone that initiated the Live Record drops of the Conference , the Live Record still continues.

And it keeps contiuing till the Last person in the conference has dropped out.

To change this behaviour I issued the command "conference drop-mode creator" in the ephone-template 1

So now when the Phone that initiated the Live record drops out of the conference the Live record stops.

Problem is the customer also has shared lines for quite a few Users , they use cbarge quite often.

Previously before issuing the mmand "conference drop-mode creator" in the ephone-template 1

the users had no problems with cbarge.

But now once the users Barge's the call for the shared line & drops off , the whole call drops.

How do I go about fixing this.

Thanks,

Oliver

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: