Views
Helpful
Replies

CME picking random FXO ports ???

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am using CME router 3825. I have one FXO card (4 ports) and four PSTN lines are connected to my router. I have one 7921 wireless ip phone and three 7911 ip phones.

I want all the four users to use their own FXO port assigned to them.

I have attached the running configuration of my router.

I have configured my router in such a way that I want every user to use their own FXO port for making incoming and outgoing calls. But still the router is picking random FXO ports. How can I restrict user to user their own FXO port for making incoming and outgoing calls. Any other suggestion or tip will be very helpful to me.

Following are the four PSTN numbers which i have assigned to FXO ports:

voice-port 0/1/0 = 8579210

voice-port 0/1/1 = 8573083

voice-port 0/1/2 = 8572138

voice-port 0/1/3 = 8579206

Your consideration in this regard will highly be commendable.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

There are a number of ways you can accomplish this, either using corlists, or configuring your ephone-dn's as private lines. Here is an example of the private line configuration.

dial-peer voice 3333 pots

corlist outgoing CALL-8579210

answer-address 8579210

destination-pattern 80

port 0/1/0

!

!

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8579210

corlist incoming CALL-8579210

trunk 80

8579210 calls 5551212. 5551212 will automatically have 80 prepended to it and match dial-peer 3333. The dial-peer will strip the 80 and forward the rest of the digits out of the fxo port 0/1/0.

Hope that made some sense. If so please rate.

View solution in original post

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

alternatively you could try combination of answer address/translation profile. See here for more example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Gurmakh

HTH

View solution in original post

26 Replies 26

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, your cor-based configuration appears to be correct, but one would need to troubleshoot with "debug voip dialpeer" to see what's really happening.

My reccomendation however is that you use the "advance key system" setting that does what you want:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1036976

Hello,

There are a number of ways you can accomplish this, either using corlists, or configuring your ephone-dn's as private lines. Here is an example of the private line configuration.

dial-peer voice 3333 pots

corlist outgoing CALL-8579210

answer-address 8579210

destination-pattern 80

port 0/1/0

!

!

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8579210

corlist incoming CALL-8579210

trunk 80

8579210 calls 5551212. 5551212 will automatically have 80 prepended to it and match dial-peer 3333. The dial-peer will strip the 80 and forward the rest of the digits out of the fxo port 0/1/0.

Hope that made some sense. If so please rate.

Hi Kennet,

The trunk suggestion is good, in fact I was recommending the same.

I wanted to make an observation about your example. If you add the trunk keyword to the user DN, the trunk digits are added to any call made from that DN, consequently user cannot call the other DNs! So in the cisco example, DNs with trunk are additional and dedicated to the FXO lines. This way each user will have two DNs, one for receiving calls and make internal calls, the other for external calls.

Hi Paolo,

I was actually thinking about that and it dawned on me after it was too late to edit the post. LOL

Thanks

hehe.. not wanting to seem patronizing but I've rated your post as you're one of the best here.

Dear Mr. Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply. I really appriciate for your support. You are right with this configuration it will work. I already test it but the thing is that

i have cisco wireless phone 7921. It works fine with this configuration shown below like it can make and receive calls:-

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar 8579210

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 8579210

destination-pattern .T

port 0/1/0

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8579210

!

ephone 1

mac-address 0021.55D5.E280

type 7921

button 1:1

!

!

But when i switch my configuration to this shown below:

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar 8579210

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 5775477

destination-pattern A1

port 0/1/0

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5775477

trunk A1

!

ephone 1

type 7921

!

!

then the wireless phone 7921 only receives calls but not able to make outgoing calls. Any idea or hint will highly commendable. The problem is that i cannot assign .T dial-peer because with this router will pick random FXO ports.

7911 works fine with trunk access A1, A2 so on. But wireless ip phones 7921 don't make outing going calls with trunk access A1 they receive only. Also I have tested with different access trunks like 80 or 90 but the problem remains the same.

Any body can help me in this issue. I will be very great full. My main goal is that I want all 7911 and 7921 to use their own FXO ports for making incoming and outgoing calls.

Thanks

Malik.

Dear Mr. Kenneth,

Thanks for your reply. I really appriciate for your support. You are right with this configuration it will work. I already test it but the thing is that

i have cisco wireless phone 7921. It works fine with this configuration shown below like it can make and receive calls:-

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar 8579210

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 8579210

destination-pattern .T

port 0/1/0

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8579210

!

ephone 1

type 7921

!

!

But when i switch my configuration to this shown below:

voice-port 0/1/0

connection plar 8579210

!

!

dial-peer voice 1 pots

answer-address 5775477

destination-pattern A1

port 0/1/0

!

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 5775477

trunk A1

!

ephone 1

type 7921

!

!

then the wireless phone 7921 only receives calls but not able to make outgoing calls. Any idea or hint will highly commendable. The problem is that i cannot assign .T dial-peer because with this router will pick random FXO ports.

7911 works fine with trunk access A1, A2 so on. But wireless ip phones 7921 don't make outing going calls with trunk access A1 they receive only. Also I have tested with different access trunks like 80 or 90 but the problem remains the same.

Any body can help me in this issue. I will be very great full. My main goal is that I want all 7911 and 7921 to use their own FXO ports for making incoming and outgoing calls.

Thanks

Malik.

gsidhu
Level 3
Level 3

alternatively you could try combination of answer address/translation profile. See here for more example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00801bc341.shtml

Gurmakh

HTH

Dear Mr. Gurmakh,

Thanks for your help. Your link works too. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

Your very welcome. Glad to be of help.

Gurmakh

Dear Mr. Gurmakh,

I am really very happy. I really appreciate for your help and support. I have configured my router according to the configuration given in cisco doc link send by you.

With this config. i have to add digits like 19 or 29 or 39 before dialing any number for make router pick assigned FXO ports.

Is there anyother way i can make outgoing calls without dialing the digits 19 or 29 keeping in mind that the router should pick assgined FXO ports not random ports.

Thanks & Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

Before dialling any external number you dial 9 (which is typically used in many countries for an outside line) then the rest of the digits. You do not need to dial 19 or 29 or 39.

For example, if you dial 9 followed by the external number from 'phone 1' the 9 will get translated to '19' which will match one of the pots dial peers. The pots configuration will force the call to route out of a specific voice port (0/1/0)

HTH

Hi Malik,

As some of the other guys have mentioned there are a few options:

1) Trunk configuration

2) Corlist restriction

3) Translation pattern on the ephone-dn

Restrictions

1) All calls go through the FXO and you can't reach other DNs like Paolo mentioned.

2) This should work fine. I'm not a big fan of corlists as they can be confusing and hard to manage

3) Configuration takes some thinking, may be hard to implement if you have a complicated dial plan. It may be easier to understand and troubleshoot, depending on how you see it.

I was thinking of something like this:

dial-peer voice 1 pots

port 0/0/0

destination-pattern #1.T

connection plar 200

ephone-dn 1

translation-profile incoming Port1

number 200

translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^\(...\)$/ /\1/ ! these are your 3 digit internal extensions

rule 2 /^\(.*\)/ /#1\1/ ! this prepends 1# to all calls that aren't 3 digit extensions

translation-profile Port1

translate called 1

hth,

nick

Dear Mr. Nick

I have implemented Cisco Call Manager v6 with voice gateway 3845.

The problem which i m facing is that when somebody from outside calls our PSTN number (analog number) following are the issues which we face:

1.Sometimes the auto attendant picks the call and sometimes it does not.

2.Sometimes when the PSTN number is dialed the call is attended but there is no repsone from the auto attendant.

Any of your suggestions will be highly commendable. What can we be the possible suggestion to solve this issue.

I am in deep trouble as all of our customers are calling on that PSTN number.

kindly find attached config of cme and cue with show run and show ver commands output.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: