Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restricted Admins

I am trying to find out if I can have my desktop support folks able to release emails that we have placed into Quarantine via policy. I only want them to be able to access this function on the Ironport. Is this possible?

3 Replies 3

Douglas Hardison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You can add users that are able to access the Spam Quarantine and Message Tracking only.

Under System Administration -> Users, you can add a user, and set their role to be 'Help Desk User'.

Once you have added the user, then navigate to 'Monitor ->Quarantines' and 'Edit' the IronPort Spam Quarantine.

Under the heading 'Administative Users', you can add the helpdesk usernames as 'Authorized Users'.

Remember to commit your changes.

Adding users is detailed in the Online Help under 'System Administration -> Adding Additional Users'.

Hope that helps,

-whardison

Help Desk User accounts can only access message tracking features. Help Desk User accounts can be invited to the IronPort Spam Quarantine or system quarantines.

tawan_ironport
Level 1
Level 1

Help-desk user is new user role in AsyncOS 6.5.x

Don't b alarm, if u didn't found it ^^

I actually got it set up with LDAP authentication. Was much much easier then I expected.
So now my exchange admins can manage the ironport and our support team can just release attachments caught by policy only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: