Helpful
Replies

WebVPN Tunnel-Group Aliases and URLS

csaravanan-sym
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

<br />

<br />I have a requirement to create a new group policy and a new tunnel-group and apply it to a webvpn user account

<br />

<br />

<br />The web vpn is working fine without any issues when I give a new name under Group Aliases and URL

<br />

<br />My requirement is to use the existing Group Alias for this new tunnel-group. When I enter the existing alias it says it is already used by other tunnel-group

<br />

<br />Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you use the same group-alias for two tunnel-groups, then how will the firewall distinguish between the two? Let say, as per your requirement you want to have the group-alias 'securevpn' for two tunnel-groups, TG1 and TG2. Now how will the firewall map a user landing on this alias to a group? TG1 or TG2? round-robin? :). This is not possible AFAIK.

Please rate if helpful.

Regards

Farrukh Haroon

CCIE # 20184 (Security)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you use the same group-alias for two tunnel-groups, then how will the firewall distinguish between the two? Let say, as per your requirement you want to have the group-alias 'securevpn' for two tunnel-groups, TG1 and TG2. Now how will the firewall map a user landing on this alias to a group? TG1 or TG2? round-robin? :). This is not possible AFAIK.

Please rate if helpful.

Regards

Farrukh Haroon

CCIE # 20184 (Security)

Hi Farrukh,

Thanks for explaining me the concept. It helped me understand that you cannot have two tunnel-groups with the same alias

Thanks,

Chandru

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card