Custom Reports Operational Status/Avg CPU Util/Avg Mem Util

Answered Question
Feb 4th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

<br />

<br />I've got some questions about the LMS 2.6 (and maybe 3.1) customization.

<br />

<br />I'd like to generate Reports for the following:

<br />- Operational status of all interfaces (best would be with a counter for Up/Down/...)

<br />- (Average) CPU utilization

<br />- (average) memory utilization

<br />

<br />Is there any way to generate these reports in LMS 2.6 (or 3.1?)

<br />

<br />The only way i found while searching this forum was for the operational status to export all devices with "cwcli export inventory ... -device %" and parse the xml file.

<br />

<br />I would really prefer it, that im not forced to leave the CW Homepage for doing this. Is there any way to accomplish this?

<br />Or is it possible to customize the CW-homepage an add a link to a small Windows-Script? How should this look like?

<br />

<br />Thanks for all your input.

Correct Answer by Joe Clarke about 8 years 5 months ago

Yes, I had two bugs against RME custom reports where the attributes were very limited. All attributes are now available in RME 4.2.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 02/04/2009 - 09:00
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

CPU and memory utilization reports are available in the new Health and Utilization Monitor add-on to LMS 3.0.1 and higher.

As for interface status, you could define an RME custom inventory report under RME > Reports > Custom Reports Templates with a ruleset of:

Interface:Name:equals:All

AND:Interface:Admin Status:equals:All

AND:Interface:Operational Status:equals:All

When run against all devices managed by RME, this report will show you all the interfaces, and their admin and operational statuses.

schlingloff Wed, 02/04/2009 - 09:08
User Badges:

Hello,

Thank you for that fast answer.

Unfortunately i can only create a custom report in LMS 2.6 template with the attributes:

-Name

-Type

Will i have this possibility in LMS 3.1?

Correct Answer
Joe Clarke Wed, 02/04/2009 - 09:12
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

Yes, I had two bugs against RME custom reports where the attributes were very limited. All attributes are now available in RME 4.2.

Actions

This Discussion