Views
Helpful
Replies

New Username for OS Administration CU7.0

habouzyad
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i forget the usename for OS administration. i get the documentation for reseting password but it didn't include how to change or creating new username??

please i need your help to upgrade my system ?

thanks in advance

Hicham

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Hicham,

The username will be reset during this process :)

Recovering the OS Administrator Password

If you lose the Administrator password and cannot access the system, use the following procedure to reset the Administrator password.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note During this procedure, you will be required to remove and then insert a valid CD or DVD in the disk drive to prove that you have physical access to the system.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 Log in to the system with the following username and password:

•Username: pwrecovery

•Password: pwreset

The Welcome to admin password reset window displays.

Step 2 Press any key to continue.

Step 3 If you have a CD or DVD in the disk drive, remove it now.

Step 4 Press any key to continue.

The system tests to ensure that you have removed the CD or DVD from the disk drive.

Step 5 Insert a valid CD or DVD into the disk drive.

The system tests to ensure that you have inserted the disk.

Step 6 After the system verifies that you have inserted the disk, you get prompted to enter a new Administrator password.

Note The system resets the Administrator username to admin. If you want to set up a different Administrator username and password, use the CLI command set password. For more information, see Appendix A, "Command Line Interface."

Step 7 Reenter the new password.

The system checks the new password for strength. If the password does not contain enough different characters, you get prompted to enter a new password.

Step 8 After the system verifies the strength of the new password, the password gets reset, and you get prompted to press any key to exit the password reset utility.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/cucos/6_1_1/cucos/iptpch2.html#wp1040303

Also, try this great, great post from Michael @ Cisco;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc0bd9a

Hope this helps!

Rob