Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 6.x, Bulk Administration Using, The question

Hello,

Please, advice, the method of performing the following things using BAT functionality in CUCM 6.x.

1. I have 10 registered Cisco SCCP IP Phones of differenet models.

2. Each one of ten has its own Phone's CSS

3. Each one of ten has 1 (one) DN with its CSS

I have the task to update Phone & DN CSSes both and want to do it through BAT, not manually.

I have the following lists of data:

1. 10 MAC addresses of these IP Phones

2. 10 DN values for the lines of these IP Phones

3. 10 CSS values that already exist in CUCM configuration

3.1 I want to assing the same CSS value for Phone/DN both.

So I've create the specific file format in 'bat_6.0.x.xxx(x).xlt' (please, see the picture).

And then I've stucked :)

My question is am I right with the described algorythm ?

Would you recommend to change the method I use to accomplish the task I've described ?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tobivan,

Hope life is treating you well! I would have thought that this type of change would take 2 swings through with BAT. One for the Update Lines and one for the Update Phones :)

You should be able to use this section of BAT to change the CSS for Lines;

To update lines, use the following procedure:

Procedure

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines or Bulk Administration > User Device Profiles > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines.

The Update Lines Query window displays.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note You can update all lines by not specifying a query. Skip to the "Field Descriptions for Updating Lines" section.

Step 2 From the first Find Line where drop-down list box, choose one of the following criteria:

•Directory Number

•Route Pattern

•Line Description

•Calling Search Space (Phone)

•Calling Search Space (Line)

•Device Pool

•Device Description

•Line Position

•Unassigned DN

•Call Pickup Group

Note To locate and delete orphaned directory numbers, use "unassigned DN."

From the second Find Line where drop-down list box, choose one of the following criteria:

•begins with

•contains

•is exactly

•ends with

•is empty

•is not empty

Step 3 In the search field list box, choose or enter the value that you want to locate. For example, you can choose the Line Partition from the list or enter a range of directory numbers.

Tip To find all lines that are registered in the database, click Find without entering any search text.

Step 4 To further define your query and to add multiple filters, check the Search Within Results check box, choose AND or OR from the drop-down box, and repeat steps 2 and 3.

Step 5 To display the records that are going to be affected, click Find.

A list of discovered lines displays by:

•Pattern/Directory Number

•Partition

•Description

Step 6 Click Next. The Update Lines window shows the type of query that you chose at the top. If you want to change the type of query, click Back.

Step 7 Specify the setting that you want to update for all the records that you have defined in your query. You can choose multiple parameters to update. See the "Field Descriptions for Updating Lines" section for descriptions of the parameters.

Step 8 In the Value field for the checked parameter, enter the new value or choose a value from the list box.

Step 9 In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.

Step 10 Click the Run Immediately radio button to insert lines immediately or, click Run Later to insert at a later time.

Step 11 Click Submit to create a job for inserting the phone records.

Step 12 Use the Job Configuration window to schedule and/or activate this job.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration Guide 6.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t03uplns.html

And then the second BAT;

Updating Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t03updph.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Tobivan,

Hope life is treating you well! I would have thought that this type of change would take 2 swings through with BAT. One for the Update Lines and one for the Update Phones :)

You should be able to use this section of BAT to change the CSS for Lines;

To update lines, use the following procedure:

Procedure

Step 1 Choose Bulk Administration > Phones > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines or Bulk Administration > User Device Profiles > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines.

The Update Lines Query window displays.

Note You can update all lines by not specifying a query. Skip to the "Field Descriptions for Updating Lines" section.

Step 2 From the first Find Line where drop-down list box, choose one of the following criteria:

•Directory Number

•Route Pattern

•Line Description

•Calling Search Space (Phone)

•Calling Search Space (Line)

•Device Pool

•Device Description

•Line Position

•Unassigned DN

•Call Pickup Group

Note To locate and delete orphaned directory numbers, use "unassigned DN."

From the second Find Line where drop-down list box, choose one of the following criteria:

•begins with

•contains

•is exactly

•ends with

•is empty

•is not empty

Step 3 In the search field list box, choose or enter the value that you want to locate. For example, you can choose the Line Partition from the list or enter a range of directory numbers.

Tip To find all lines that are registered in the database, click Find without entering any search text.

Step 4 To further define your query and to add multiple filters, check the Search Within Results check box, choose AND or OR from the drop-down box, and repeat steps 2 and 3.

Step 5 To display the records that are going to be affected, click Find.

A list of discovered lines displays by:

•Pattern/Directory Number

•Partition

•Description

Step 6 Click Next. The Update Lines window shows the type of query that you chose at the top. If you want to change the type of query, click Back.

Step 7 Specify the setting that you want to update for all the records that you have defined in your query. You can choose multiple parameters to update. See the "Field Descriptions for Updating Lines" section for descriptions of the parameters.

Step 8 In the Value field for the checked parameter, enter the new value or choose a value from the list box.

Step 9 In the Job Information area, enter the Job description.

Step 10 Click the Run Immediately radio button to insert lines immediately or, click Run Later to insert at a later time.

Step 11 Click Submit to create a job for inserting the phone records.

Step 12 Use the Job Configuration window to schedule and/or activate this job.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration Guide 6.0(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t03uplns.html

And then the second BAT;

Updating Phones

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t03updph.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

As always, thank you for your quick response.

custom files

makov nedostatochno, nuzno format 'sep+mac'

First of all I took into account you advice about 2 steps methodology.

As a result now I have all my 10 phones with CSS values updated via 'BAT > Update Phones > Custom File.'

Thank you for this.

But I do not find custom file for Lines updating. I mean the situation when I have 10 DN I want update CSS values for.

The interface 'BAT > Phone > Add/Update Lines > Update Lines' doesn't allow to specify custom file. It's a pity.

What do you think about are there any ways to bulk DN's CSS values update ?

Hey Tobivan,

You are most welcome my friend! Sadly, for Updating Lines this is the best that you can do. With the proper Query(s) you can still do a large batch of phones at once (or schedule them to run at a specified time), but no custom files :)

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: