Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest Access - Anchor needs a reboot

scottwilliamson
Level 2
Level 2

Hi All,

I occassionally have to reboot our Guest Access Anchor Controller as it seems to stop responding when clients connect, i.e. the client associates with the guest WLAN on the local controller but if you do a "show client summary" on the Anchor the table is always empty.

Any suggestions as to where to start looking will, as ever, be greatly appreciated.

We're running WCS 5.0.56.0 and WLC 5.0.148.0.

Thanks,

Scott

2 Replies 2

sschmidt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

I have seen other issues similar to this but usually it is due to a template push ( security ) needing a reboot on the controller. I would recommend upgrading these to the latest 5.0 code to get past any bugs that may have already been fixed in this code. If the problem persists at that point it might be a new bug.

We've had similar problems. What I found was that to fix this problem, I go in WCS and "apply" the WLAN template back to the controllers.

Right now it is happening everytime certain controllers reboot... I just haven't had the time to really look in to it. However, this was happening back when I was on 4.1.185 code and seems to still be there on 5.2 code...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card