Helpful
Replies

Unable to connect to ANI server error message from UserTracking Acquisition

AlexShchukin
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.6 on Windows 2000

Singel box install

I've tried to telnet from ciscoworks server itself into port 42342 Connection failed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ANIServer is dying due to memory starvation. This may be a transient thing. It looks like you haven't restarted Daemon Manager since June. Go ahead and restart (or reboot the server). ANIServer should come back up.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please post a screenshot illustrating what you're doing, and the exact error. Also, please post the output of the pdshow command. What version of Campus Manager are you using?

Campus Manager 4.0.8

Please post the ani.log and ANIServer.log.

ani.log at https://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBSZ293UzhrUmtLSkE9PQ

I'm trying to post ANIServer.log, but it is 500MB. is there a way to send it directly?

It doesn't look like ANIServer has been running in a long time. Shutdown Daemon Manager, and do:

type NUL > NMSROOT\log\ANIServer.log

type NUL > NMSROOT\log\ani.log

Then restart Daemon Manager, and post the ANIServer.log after reproducing the problem.

ANIServer is dying due to memory starvation. This may be a transient thing. It looks like you haven't restarted Daemon Manager since June. Go ahead and restart (or reboot the server). ANIServer should come back up.

I've rebooted the box and it solved the problem. Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco