Views
Helpful
Replies

Manipulating Route Patterns with DDI

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we are 3rd year in our VoIP solution. The original implementors are gone, and I am supporting the environment (day-by-day). We have identified a problem with the way we are handing international calls. Because there is no terminating digit, the call takes 15 seconds from the time the last digit is dialed to the time it matches the Translation Pattern. From there, it takes another 15 seconds to match the route pattern that sends it to PSTN.

The setup is as follows:

Translation pattern: 9.011!

DDI: PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirectDial

Prefix Digits: 90

Route Pattern: 90.@

DDI: PreDot IntlAccess IntlDirectDial

I have tried to insert the the terminating digit at both locations and using DDI to strip it, but the DDI that was already in use (PreDot INTLAccess, IntlDirectDial) does not have a sister DDI with the Trailing-# instruction.

Knowing that the DDI, in the translation pattern, refers to @, I changed the Translation pattern to 9.011!# and changed the DDI to PreDot Trailing-#. This has shortened the time to dial considerably, but still has not eliminated it.

Any suggestions?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

unfortunately the delay cannot be eliminated at all, CUCM identifies an international call only by the 01 1 and then the pattern is country code and (X+) which means anything between 0 and 9 at least 1 digit

CUCM does not have all the dial plans in the world and has no idea how many digits are required to dial the destination number so it has to wait for the T_302 timer or someone to dial # to tell CUCM they have finished dialing

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Am I handling the call wrong. I ask this because I have already eleminated much of the post dial delay by changing the translation pattern to 9.011!# and changing DDI to PreDot Trailing-#.

In the Service Parms - look for T302 - This is a timer for end of digit currently by default is seems to be set ot 15000 so reduce it to so 6000, 4000 - 6 or 4 secs. This will result that the ! figure will wait for 4/6 sec not 15 and then send the call out

Thank you for the reply. I am familiar with the T.302 timer, but did not want to modify it for fear that it would adversely affect other areas.

Any problems you may have is usually with any IVR, VM applications- we have Unity connection with a timer down to 4000, 4 sec without problems. You could always identity the most dialled countries and set the router patterns for them only - In Europe the countries with variable digit length are Italy, Germany, Austria, Luxembourg amongst others

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

I was previously wrong. The addition of the # caused the call to match the tranlation pattern with the #, but did not affect the t302 timer. Can anyone advise why that is? I though the # was a terminating character advising call manager that input was done, route the call.

and it is, once the user finishes dialing when they press # the call should go immediately

just adding it to the pattern but the user not dialing it is not enough

HTH

java

HTH

java