Views
Helpful
Replies

Newest version of the WLC 4402 firmware

sylvaing1
Level 1
Level 1

Is it 4.2.176 or 5.2.157?

I'm running 5.2.157 and it's not listing at its 'latest'. Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It looks to me like they "publicly" released the information today... but that the fixes have actually been implemented for awhile..

I think the big deal is that the software is "free" for those people who may not have software contracts.... Or at least to let people know to update that haven't recently..

View solution in original post

No you wouldn't. Which means, as of the latest, Cisco does not see any bugs or vulnerabilities regarding this firmware. It will give you an idea as to what firmware you should settle yourself into.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

5.2.157 was the latest. there is now a vulnerability patch available

That's why I asked. I heard about the vulnerability. From what I understand though, 5.2.157, which is the latest is not affected and that's what I'm already running.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please go through the Cisco Security Center for the latest Security Vulnerabilies.

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/viewAllSearch.x

Yeah, went there. Didn't see anything that applies to 5.2.157.

It looks to me like they "publicly" released the information today... but that the fixes have actually been implemented for awhile..

I think the big deal is that the software is "free" for those people who may not have software contracts.... Or at least to let people know to update that haven't recently..

Seems that way to me too. Thanks.

new version is 6.0.188.0.aes.

No you wouldn't. Which means, as of the latest, Cisco does not see any bugs or vulnerabilities regarding this firmware. It will give you an idea as to what firmware you should settle yourself into.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: