cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Spike in failed outbound (fastbusy) calls

rjrii
Level 1
Level 1

I have recieved approx 20 tickets today for internal users attempting to make outbound calls. We have 2 full PRIs for outbound voice and don't appear to have a capacity issue. Looking at the CDR for each failed call, they contain a destCause_value of 1, which according to documentation means "Unallocated/unassigned number". If the user waits a few mins and tries again, the call goes through just fine.

Is this unallocated/unassigned cause code indicating that my telco provider is rejecting the call as a bad number and that I should open a ticket with the voice provider?

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

that can happen if the telco had some routing issues and was unable to determine where to send the call even if it's a valid and working number

a debug would show all this info but if you don't have it or it has stopped a call to the telco is not a bad idea just to make sure the problem is solved

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: