Views
Helpful
Replies

PPPoE scenario for MPLS VPN

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

Hello,

I do have one scenario where CE1/CE2 is connected with SW1 port Fa0/1 and port 0/2.

CE1 is belong to VLAN100 and CE2 is belong to VLAN200. Now SW1 is connected with PE1. Link between PE1 and SW1 is trunklink with .100 and .200 subinterfaces. Now I want to have CE1 as a part of VRF CE1 and CE2 as a part of VRF CE2. I want to use PPPoE to achieve this. I tried to create multiple VPDN group with accept-dialin and protocol pppoe but router is allowing only one VPDN PPPoE group! and I can assign only one Virtual-template interface to that VPDN group so how can I achieve my requirement?

thanks

Devang Patel

7 Replies 7

devang_etcom
Level 7
Level 7

I found the way to achieve that is to use the bba-group! there I can crate the multiple PPPOE bba profile and can use different virtual template interface to achieve it!

Experts if you have any other ways then which will be more scalable then please let me know!

thanks

Devang Patel

Hello Devang,

bba profile was introduced to provide support for multiple PPPoX groups on the same node.

So this is the right way to perform this activity

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi Giuseppe

If possible could you elaborate why PPPOE is required for VPDN. I donot have any understanding of the scenario may be we are not providing. If possible can you provide some links which can clear the doubts.

regards

shivlu jain

hi Giuseppe

thanks for giving the link. Will come back to you by tomorrow with lot of queries.

regards

shivlu jain

Shivlu,

PPPoE with VPDN was the old implementation method, It has a limitation of creating only one PPPoE profile and you can have one virtual-temp interface assigned to it! but if you have multiple client and all those client has different kind of requirement then you will need to have multiple PPPoE profile on your agg router, bba profile will allow you to create multiple PPPoE profile! I was trying to test MPLSVPN with PPPoE. For best reference you can refer to cisco 12.4T IOS documentation as well as few books like MPLS VPN arch vol2 chapter 2, as well as mpls base broadband access vpn book.

Let me know if you need any more information!

thanks,

Devang Patel

thanks devang

For start up these need are sufficient.

regards

shivlu jain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: