Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Disk Space Requirements

niquresh
Level 1
Level 1

All:

I'm getting alerts that the drive I have OS installed on my Unity server is running out of disk space (third party app alerts). Total size of OS drive is 12G and only 1.2G is free. I couldn't find anything that could be taking up space e.g MDBdata was empty and MTAdata was empty as well. I went ahead and shrunk the databases (Unity_db and Report_db) and their logs as well. I still could not free up more space. Is there a document on CCO that has instructions on freeing up more disk space? Also, is there any documentation on how much of disk space is required for OS intallation and Unity installation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you have exchange on box you might want to delete all the log files as well and enable circular logging

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have a similar problem with disk space as Nick does. Is Enable circular logging approved by CISCO TAC?

Thanks Tom

Yes, you can use circular logging. It's actually suggested by anyone who has worked for Cisco TAC.

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Typcially during Unity installs, Unity will have 12 gig C:\ drive and whatever on the left on the D:\ drive. I usually install everything to the D:\ drive except the OS. If the drive is filling up and everything is on the D:\ drive, then possibly there are temp internet logs, or other "stuff" on the C drive that should not be there. The OS will probably use about 6+gigs.

As Java said, in Exchange is on box, you can do some Exchange Admin work and move the Priv and Pub to the D:\ drive of the server. Or if the customer is backing up the servers, the log files will be marked as backed up and then be overwritten on the next pass.

12gigs used just for the OS is a little odd, i'd say if SQL and Exchange on are on the D drive, you should have plenty of space on the C:

cheers,