cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia E51 cannot connect to AP1220 hidden SSID

Subash Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Nokia E51 mobile phone cannot connect to the 1220 AP's hidden SSID. When we make the SSID to broadcast the E51 can connect.E51 can also connect to hidden SSID's of other AP's (eg.Linksys wireless router)

Nokia E51 is using the latest firmware and the AP Version 12.2(8)JA.

10 Replies 10

pasimahone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Are you using phone in off-line mode?

Hidden APs cannot be used if phone is in offine mode.

Also remember to change Network status to hidden if you hide SSID

-Pasi-

Hi pasi,

Thanks for your reply...

I have tried power on the E51 on not in offline mode. but still it cannot connect to hidden SSID...

The SCCP profile is also not registered...

Thanks...

Hi,

How about this?

Change Network status to hidden in Nokia Access Point settings.

So everything works fine if the SSID is not hidden?

-Pasi-

Hi Pasi,

It is already as hidden in the Nokia Access point settings....I can use a N95 to connect to this hidden SSID which was sent out by 1220 AP.I am using SIP for N95.

When i change the SSID to broadcast, everything works fine.E51 can connect to the Callmanager and can get extension.

But i dont know why this doesnt work when i change the SSID to hidden...

My Callmanager version is 6.0

Thanks in advance....

Sounds very weird.

Just one more confirmation, do you have SIM-card in your device?

Can you use that AP with web browser when SSID is hidden?

-Pasi-

Hi Pasi,

I have tried connecting to SSID with and without SIM card.Still cannot...

I cannot even cannect the E51 to the SSID...so cannot try whether can browse the internet or not......But it works well when we make the SSID to broadcast...

Thanks a lot pasi for your help..

Ok.

Hidden SSIDs cannot be used without sim-card. But if you have tried also with SIM-card there is some other problem.

Workaround would be to use broadcasting SSID.

Hi Pasi,

Thanks a lot for your advise...

Btw..do i need to update the AP IOS and try..?? what do you suggest..??

but the customer is not comfortable to update the IOS since he have more than 100 AP, all running in autonomous mode...But if it can fix..i can tel him to do the upgrade...otherwise cannot use E51 with hidden SSID..

Thanks...

Hi,

Well before upgrading 100APs it could be worth of trying again with E51 from the scratch.

Reset E51 (*#7370# you will lose all data) and then configure hidden AP to Nokia and try web browsing and NCC client.

You said that E51 has latest firmware, which version? (*#0000#)

-Pasi-

Hi Pasi,

The version is 100.34.20...Ok...i will try to reset the E51 and try to connect once again...

Thanks a lot for ur help...!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: