4 digit to Call Manager

Answered Question
Feb 4th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,In a nutshell,the welcome message prompts the caller to press # and than the 4 digit employee extension to call directly a CUCM user,so this is no limited to agent. Any idea , i tried the get digit step and call redirect to a CTI but is not working. Any idea?!?!??! Thanks in advance.

Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 8 years 1 month ago

Easy enough:

Start

Accept

Label: GET_EXTENSION

Get Digit String [Prompt:"Please enter the four-digit extension of the user you want to dial."]

--Success

--If (strExtension.length(4))

----True

------Call Redirect (strExtension)

--------Success

----------Set Contact Info: Handled

----------GoTo: END

--------Busy/Unsuccessful

----------Play Prompt: ("That extension is not valid. Please try again.")

----------GoTo: GET_EXTENSION

----False

----Play Prompt ("Extensions must be four digits.")

----GoTo GET_EXTENSION

--Failure

----Play Prompt: ("Are you still there? Please enter a four-digit extension of the party you wish to speak with.")

----GoTo: GET_EXTENSION

Terminate

End

The CTI Ports will need to have a CSS that includes whatever partition(s) the directory numbers [extensions] exist in.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 02/05/2009 - 06:36
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

Easy enough:

Start

Accept

Label: GET_EXTENSION

Get Digit String [Prompt:"Please enter the four-digit extension of the user you want to dial."]

--Success

--If (strExtension.length(4))

----True

------Call Redirect (strExtension)

--------Success

----------Set Contact Info: Handled

----------GoTo: END

--------Busy/Unsuccessful

----------Play Prompt: ("That extension is not valid. Please try again.")

----------GoTo: GET_EXTENSION

----False

----Play Prompt ("Extensions must be four digits.")

----GoTo GET_EXTENSION

--Failure

----Play Prompt: ("Are you still there? Please enter a four-digit extension of the party you wish to speak with.")

----GoTo: GET_EXTENSION

Terminate

End

The CTI Ports will need to have a CSS that includes whatever partition(s) the directory numbers [extensions] exist in.

Marco Villani Thu, 02/05/2009 - 20:09
User Badges:

I can't make it to work,if i dial the CTI number unity answer and when i dial the 4 digit i get the default sytem voice, we are having some issue. I'm attaching the script, if somebody can tell me what i'm doing wrong really appreciate ,Thanks.

Marco Villani Sun, 02/15/2009 - 22:14
User Badges:

Thank you j.schulenberg ,after reading your reply I was confusing CTI Ports and CTI Route Points.after paying more attention at your post i realized my mistake and checked the CTI Ports. my CTI had a diferent CSS than the phone, Once i change the CSS in the CTI Ports my original script worked. what i did I simply use a call riderect and setup a string with 4 as a value.

Actions

This Discussion