Views
Helpful
Replies

Third-party SIP Phone with CCME

tahirjamil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

have some body configure 3rd-party sip ip phone with ccme 4.1 or later.there is no documentation available on net for such scenario.or give me idea how it can b implemented.

Thanks

Tahir

3 Replies 3

Hi Tahir,

This is what the minimum configuration looks like:

voice service voip

sip

registrar server

voice register global

mode cme

source-address 1.1.1.1 port 5060

max-dn X

max-pool X

voice register dn 1

number 1000

voice register pool 1

id mac XXXX.XXXX.XXXX

type ! If it's 3rd party, omit this

number 1 dn 1

username X password X ! Required if IP phone's address is on different subnet than SIP CME source address

You can also look at the documentation here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesystm.html#wp1025405

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmebasic.html#wp1073239

hth,

nick

Hi Nick

Thank you for response,I tried this configuration with x-lite softphone I m getting authentication problem i attached my config with debuging on kindly check it and suggest what i can do

You need to make sure the x-lite client is actually adding an Authentication Header to the REGISTER message it sends. This looks like it would be an endpoint configuration issue.

You should see something like this:

-> REGISTER ( no authentication)

M- 401 Unauthorized

-> REGISTER (authentication)

<- 200 OK

You can try taking the 'authenticate register' message out of your voice register global configuration as well.

There also is not a DN defined on the phone. You probably want to add 'number 1 dn 1' to your voice register pool configuration.

hth,

nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: