Views
Helpful
Replies

Server taking/showing 3 or 4 time the connections of other servers

Timothy Graham
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

Just looking for a bit of advise on an issue that has started to show up on a set of ACE10-6500-K9 blades we have installed.

The ACE's is running Version 3.0(0)A1(6.1).

They have been up and running for about 18 months now with no issues at all, then customer start to add more connection ie allowed more people to access the URL that the LB's handle, after adding around 200 more people we saw 1 servers connection go to around 4 time more than any other server. We also saw the same issue on another server but a reboot of the server fixed that one.

The orginal server, W003, has been removed rebooted and put back in but seem to have the same issue everytime ie many more connections than any other server.

This is not a big implementation currently, there are only 8 web servers configured and only 5 servers currently in LB, each server has an average of 123 connection on it and that is the peak.

We have had the application on server W003 rebuilt and are adding it back into LB today, so will see if the issue is still present or gone, but an explination for the issue would be good.

I have attached the config for ref and any comments.

Any ideas.

Thanks

Tim

3 Replies 3

Hi Tim

Could you provide "show serverfarm detail"

output.

What are you looking at

current connections/ Total connections?

If current connections are evenly distributed then you are good.

If you want to see Total connections evenly distributed then use Round Robin.

Syed Iftekhar Ahmed

Hi

I have attached a file with which shows the command run during the issue, and you can see the issue.

Also the 'show serverfarm MABBCLIVESF detail' was run at the time, output in the file, also run that command to today and added the output.

I am seeing this in the current connection, not to worried about the the total connection, its the current connections where I am seeing the issue.

Using least connection to distrubute the connection.

Cheers

Tim.

Upgrade to A2(1.3).

I think we fixed something like 20 bugs related to leastconn since your release.

CSCsk77129: LB issues with predictor leastconn + probe and concurrent conn

Gilles.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: