cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intermittent ping drop on MPLS VSAT link.

amitmarathe
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client connected through VSAT. I am at Service Provider place and client is connected through VSAT link in MPLS cloud. I am facing intermittent ping drop in the tunnel interface terminated at other end. Pl help how do i check the trouble shoot the problem.

4 Replies 4

shivlu jain
Level 5
Level 5

hi amit

could you check if you remove the vrf from tunnel interface whats the response in that case ?

regards

shivlu jain

Thanks for u r reply

we had set mtu size 1420 on the tunnel interface. Till now I had not receive any ping drop. Hope this will work.

I will try with removing vrf if this will occure again.

When I apply MTU as 1420 on the tunnel interface and when check by show int tunnel xxx. I still get 1514 mtu set on the tunnel interface. Why ?

actually you have configured ip mtu thats why you were not able to see on interface. If you change then mtu with only mtu command then it will be changed.

only MTU is realted to harware

ip mtu "IP MTU is used to determine whether a non-labeled IP packet forwarded through an interface has to be fragmented (the IP MTU has no impact on labeled IP packets). It has to be lower or equal to hardware MTU (and this limitation is enforced).

kindly check

http://blog.ioshints.info/2007/10/tale-of-three-mtus.html

regards

shivlu jain

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: