cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6500-E & POE

ashiliwala
Level 1
Level 1

Looking at deploying 6500-E chassis and will porbably opt for having a couple of POE modules (WS-X6148A-GE-45AF). What do I need to consider? I.E Will the POE modules need daughter cards, power consumption, type of supervisor etc.

Thank you.

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

WS-X6148A-GE-45AF supports PoE out of the box, the main thing to consider is to have enough power to bring up the modules.

To calculate the right power supply, please visit http://www.cisco.com/go/powercalculator

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thank you,

Do I need to consider any particular supervisor?

Any currently shipping Supervisor will meet your needs (Sup32, Sup720 or Sup720-10G).

HTH,

__

Edison.

ashiliwala
Level 1
Level 1

On the 48 Port WS-X6148A-GE-45AF module how many POE class 2/3 devices does it support?

It depends on the power supply. Please take a moment and visit the powercalculator link I provided and you can find your answer there.

__

Edison.

Please rate helpful posts

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

One question regarding PoE: Are you talking about standard PoE (15.4W), ePoE (up to 20W) or PoE+ (>30W)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: