Views
Helpful
Replies

ASDM Error Message.

rhilliker
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am getting the following error message when I logon to the ASA through the ASDM: ASDM is unable to read the configuration from the ASA. Please check the configuratui and your connection and then try again by clicking the Refresh icon.

But When I Launch the ASDM Applet, it logs me on just fine. Thanks for any help I can get in this matter.

6 Replies 6

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

To solve this problem Clear the ASDM cache and the Log Buffer. If the ASDM cache and Log Buffer are already cleared before run the ASDM launcher, then you won't get this error and ASDM loads normally.

this doesn't fix that problem... still have to downgrade java versions... WHICH IS UNACCEPTABLE... I have newer programs that require newer versions of java!!

When I updated the ASDM to version 6.1(5)51 I find that it runs without problem with the new version of java.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

will that work with pix 7.x though?

That version of ASDM runs with version 8 code so it would not run with 7.x. I do not know if the most recent version of ASDM to run with 7.x would also have the fix or not. You might check.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

yeah, I've got the latest for 7.x...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card