cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NIC teaming Call Manager 6.1.2

jkosciuk
Level 1
Level 1

How is NIC teaming enabled on UCM 6.1 servers. I thought it was via the "set network failover" command but I am not able to get this working

5 Replies 5

paul.higgsboyo
Level 1
Level 1

It is indeed. The full command is:

set network failover enable

Is NIC teaming is supported on Call manager 6.1.2 (IBM platform)

Hi Asim,

NIC Teaming Support

Server platforms with dual Ethernet network interface cards (NICs) can support NIC teaming for network fault tolerance with Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Cisco began support of NIC teaming on HP servers in the 5.0(1) release and began support on IBM servers in the 6.1(2) release. This feature allows a server to be connected to the Ethernet via two NICs and, hence, two cables. NIC teaming prevents network downtime by transferring the workload from the failed port to the working port. NIC teaming cannot be used for load balancing or increasing the interface speed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/6_1_2/cucm-rel_note-612.html#wp412614

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks rob,

Can you give me sample configuration for enabling Teaming on cisco Call manager 6.1.2(IBM)

thanks in advance

It's the same command listed above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: