cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade ccm 3.3 to 6.1(2)

dakshash_shah
Level 1
Level 1

What is the best process for upgrading 3.3 to 6.1?

We have new servers for 6.1 and they have been licensed by Cisco.

I am not sure how to move the config, phones, jtapi, etc...all the stuff over to 6.1? I also do not know Linux system?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there is no direct upgrade to 6.1(2) from your version, 4.1(3) is the minimum to use DMA and get the info automatically

if you need to do it directly you'll have to export all the info with BAT and then reformat and reinsert into 6.1(2) with BAT as well

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hello Java,

Thank you for your reply.

I knew there was not direct upgrade, that is why we got new servers.

Where can I find info on how to use BAT and what info to collect to export into 6.1(2)?

How do I access the GUI once the MCS server is up on the 6.1(2)?

what do you mean by reformat?

Thank you.

Doc

BAT info is available on CCO, you'll have to export all details

simply http://server_IP from another PC, NOT FROM THE SERVER

BAT formats are not the same between versions, it's not as simple as taking a file and using it in another version. you'll have to adjust the info to the format needed for the new version

even if your servers supported the version still there's not upgrade. read the upgrade instructions to understand how this goes because fresh or upgrade you need to blow out all the previous info independently it's a new/old server. it's not as running a .exe and got the new version just like that

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thank you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: