How does licensing work for UCCX?

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

I have a UCCX server, 7835H05 that has about 8 agents on it today.

I will be moving this to a new location and will have about 100.

In order to make sure I have this set up correctly I am clueless on the licensing feature for the UCCX. Is this tied to the CUCM cluster or is this something separate that needs to be purchased and then a pak file uploaded?

Thanks,

Rick

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Rick Morris Thu, 02/05/2009 - 09:26
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Found the info.

You purchase license based on number of seats and this info is found System > Control Center and link is there for License Information

iftikharsyed_2 Thu, 02/05/2009 - 21:00
User Badges:

Hi,

Are you moving the server to new location as well?, IPCC licenses are generated against MAC address.

First you should check how many Agent licenses you have, Go to AppAdmin - > system -> License Information.

UCCX seats are the number of Agents / Supervisors that can login at the same time. From here you can decide if you need to purchase new licenses.

UCCX licenses are not tied with CUCM It has to be purchased saperately and uploaded on CCX server.

However you need to have CUCM DLU for new phones that you will add to support new agents phones. DLU license utilization vary with model of IP Phone you use. you can also check DLU consumption from CUCM.

HTH,

Regards,

Iftikhar Ahmed

Chris Deren Sat, 02/07/2009 - 11:00
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Actually UCCX licenses are not MAC dependent so you can move the server freely.

HTH,

Chris

wenqianyu Tue, 02/10/2009 - 17:38
User Badges:

Hi Chris,

I am going to upgrade out IPCCX 405 to CUCCX 502. We have received two PAK as below:

CCX-UPG-P-40-50=

CCX-50-W2K-PHAS-U

The second one has seats license attached. Do we need both licenses for CUCCX 502 to run?

My understanding about the upgrade is that it is a complete new install. Why we need the first one?

Thanks,

Wenqian Yu

metalium2007 Mon, 06/22/2009 - 10:42
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

This info is not clariefied to me.

I would like to have a tottaly cold version of redundancy/backup. I want to buy two servers and use the same node license and agents license so i can have a server always offline (im responsible of the synch between servers).

Can i have two servers, two installations of UCCX 7, and use the same node and agents license?

Thanks,

met

Actions

This Discussion