1252 LWAP AP N radio

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2009
User Badges:

We have 1252 AP and we are trying to support N standard. For some reason the SSID is not broadcasted on the N. When looking at the client, we only see a/b/g but not n. Is there special configuration or hardware configuration needed to suppot N?

The antennas used on the AP are:

AIR-ANT5135DB-R

and

AIR-ANT5135DB-R

The client support N standard. Wireless card used: Intel WIFI 5100 AGN

Any help is greatly appreciated

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
jeff.kish Thu, 02/05/2009 - 11:42
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The antennas should be fine (you listed the same one twice, I assume you have a 2.4GHz one instead). What data rates do you connect at with the client? Is it possible that the client doesn't call it "n"?

Ensure the N data rates are enabled on the AP Radio interface.

fashour Thu, 02/05/2009 - 12:32
User Badges:

Yeah, my bad. It is the 2.4ghz on the second. How do I ensure the N data rates are enabled on the AP radio? I am sorry but I am new to this and want to learn more.

Leo Laohoo Thu, 02/05/2009 - 12:55
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

Using your browser, log into the 1250 AP. On the left-hand side menu, choose Interface and you should see the two radios there as a sub-menu. The main window should tell you the status of the N radios. Click on the radio sub-menu and choose the Settings tab for further information/settings you desire.

Does this help?

fashour Fri, 02/06/2009 - 07:48
User Badges:

Thanksfor the help. I found my data rates are fine. While I was poking around, I found that the issue was:

1) VMM has to be enabled in order to achieve n data rates

2) N will not work with TKIP encryption. It has to be WPA2 AES encryption or a mix of WPA2 AES and TKIP in order to have it work. Note that i also works with plain open authentication alone as well.

Craig Norborg Tue, 02/10/2009 - 11:07
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Trying to get to 802.11n rates myself, but I can't get it done either...

Trying to figure out what "VMM" is? Can't find a reference to it anywhere!

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode