Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM question

aryanadonis
Level 1
Level 1

I have three problems :

1. I have two routers in which two interfaces (one serial and another fast ethernet) has the same IP add. I cannot change the IP add for these int. and I keep gettin a duplicate IP alert which is genuine. But if I unmanage the int from the device from DDV to false, i will not get any alert for int. is that right?

So how do i mange these int so that I don't get a duplicate msg and i dont have to unmanage these int completely.

2. Even if i unmanage both the int from both router's DDV to false once i reboot the LMS server I still get the duplicate alert.(please note that both the int are coming in the interfaces part not in IP in DDV)

3. I also get a duplicate alarm for one router with another router which I removed from DFM and CS as well.

Please suggest.

13 Replies 13

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of DFM do you have? Is this server integrated with ACS?

LMS is 3.0.1 and DFM is 3.0.3.

Thanks!

You can disable the IP address alone (while leaving the interface managed). This will eliminate the duplicate events. Go to DFM > Device Management > Device Details, and unmanage the IP objects in question from the Detailed Device View. Remember to go to DFM > Configuration > Polling and Thresholds > Apply Changes to apply your changes. This way the changes will persist.

Thanks, but under DDV > IP, I dont get IP add of the interface on both the routers.

Also, please suggest for the duplicate error I get with such a device which does not exist in DFM/DCR, anywhere.

Please check !

What type of interface? It would be helpful to see the configs from both devices.

As for the other duplicate problem, you did not answer my question as to whether or not this server was integrated with ACS.

Hi,

Sending you the sh tech of both the devices please check.

Please check.

Also the other issue where the dfm alert of duplicate Ip is from a device which is not in LMS, but was added for a few minutes. Cold it be due to the cache dfm.rps.

Is there a way i can remove the information from it for that device or I can delete dfm.rps

You cannot remove single instances from the DFM rps files. However, I am still waiting on an answer to my ACS integration question.

What interfaces are not showing up in DDV? A screenshot of DDV showing the available interfaces would be helpful.

No the LMS server is not integrated to ACS and the AAA is ciscoworks local.

The issue still seems to be there and the LMS is not ACS integrated.

What is the way to delete dfm.rps?

Is it really safe to play with the rps file?

I was waiting on a screenshot of the DDV interface to further analyze this problem

Reinitializing the DFM databases will result in a loss of all custom polling, threshold, and group settings within DFM. To reinitialize the DFM databases, you have to first delete the DFM*.rps files under NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf, then see the last post in this thread on how to reinitialize the three DFM Sybase databases:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&topicID=.ee71a02&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cd239a0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco