I just purchased a 2651xm (ebay) and it's password protected from the previous owner. I followed the password recovery directions on the Cisco website but it doesn't work. Can anyone please help? Here's whats happening:
1. Break and goto ROMMON. Good.
2. type Type confreg 0x2142 at the Rommon1 promp. Good.
3. Type reset at the rommon 2> prompt. Good.
4. Ctrl-C in order to skip the initial setup. Good.
5. Type enable at the Router> prompt. Good.
6. Copy start run. Good.
7. Type show running-config or config t. Nothing happens here. I get an error. I can type a ? and see every command available like normal, but nothing works.
Thanks in advance,
stop at step 5
do show startup-config.
probably the device was configured with aaa commands and wants to contact some AAA server.
Because the router is new for you just do the opposite
copy run start to clear the old configuration
Hope to help