cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

called id, I want to send my company name as a caller id

esa786_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends and seniors, pls help on caller id issue. I checked in the forum but could not find exact answer to my questions

If i want to send called id as a Name ( my company name not phone #).what we have to do in Callmanager and in the Gateway. I heard that only service provider has to do it. is it so ? if i am using AT&T , it may support sending called id as name but if the call goes to other provider , if they are not supporting, it is waste to configure on AT&T side. pls explain, how to use the Called id as name ( i want to send my company name instead of phone number as a caller id). How to solve it. There must be soln, any body face this issue, how did u solve it.

Regards

Esa

4 Replies 4

Caller ID "name" display most typically works via a reverse lookup on the phone number you send, comparing it against a database. This database is updated and shared between the carriers themselves.

This reverse lookup is typically done by the carrier on the destination end of the call before the call is rung through to whomever you are calling.

Thank you schulenberg for your effort to explain.Since the carrier data base are not upto date, it is difficult for the sending the Name as called id.

thanks

esa

Thank you fnielsen for your valuable information. Since most of the carrier is running with old data base, it is not easy to send name as a caller id.

regards

Esa

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: