cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time on the Callmanager server 4.1.3

lkinchen
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem on my callmanager server losing time. I can set the server to the correct time, then after a few days it'll be fast by 3 minutes then 5. how can I correct this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Latricia,

Good stuff!

Yes, the reference to 127.127.1.1 really tells the system to use the local/system clock instead of a true NTP reference. The internal Windows CCM clock will always lose time over time (sounds funny!) so this is why using NTP is always the recommended choice :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

easiest way is to configure an NTP for the network

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Latricia,

Just to add a note to the good tip from Java;

How To Configure Time Synchronization for Cisco CallManager and Cisco Unity

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009470f.shtml

Cisco IP Telephony Clock Synchronization: Best Practices

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/vcallcon/ps556/prod_white_paper0900aecd8037fdb5.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks for that information. that really help! this is what I found in the ntp file.

server 127.127.1.1

# Set Local Clock to Authoritive TimeSource

fudge 127.127.1.1 stratum 5

# Resets Stratum from default 3 to 5

does this mean it's authenticated with itself. and does the second line the reason it's 5 minutes fast.

Hi Latricia,

Good stuff!

Yes, the reference to 127.127.1.1 really tells the system to use the local/system clock instead of a true NTP reference. The internal Windows CCM clock will always lose time over time (sounds funny!) so this is why using NTP is always the recommended choice :)

Hope this helps!

Rob