UCCX - Need direction on writing a script for check availablity an agent

Unanswered Question
Feb 5th, 2009

What is the best way to go about this?

I need to write a script that goes into the database check a single agents availablity and if that agent is available always send the calls to them. If she is not available or logged out, then the call needs to go to a queue where three other agents can handle the call.

How would you accomplish this?

In most cases I would use skills based routing. However I have to match based on called number and handling them differently the same queue. If I did skills based routing, then I would need two queues. One for the first called number and one for the second called number. Set Higher skills for the primary agent of each queue. I would much prefer checking the availablity and placing them into a single queue. If possible. Then again I do not think that is possible since they need to always go to the destinated person if they are available. I'm guess two queus and skills is the best way to go.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 02/05/2009 - 16:51

This is called agent-based routing and is possible. You still use the Select Resource step but you set the Routing Target Type to Resource. You then assign a variable that contains the username of the resource you want to connect to.

There is no queueing for agent-based routing. It will have a Connected and Failed branch. I would add another Select Resource within the Failed branch for CSQ-based routing.

If you don't know the resource username you can use the Get User or Get User Info steps to map it out based on things like their IPCC Extension.

vikasgupta2k Wed, 10/14/2015 - 20:13

Kelvin,

I'm looking to do the same setup, would you be able to share a sample script.

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion