cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RightFax and Unity Connection 7

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

We are implementing RightFax and Unity Connection. I have the right fax server recieving faxes but I can't seem to get it to deliver the messages to the Unity Server. The RightFaxUtil application can send an email fine to the Unity Sever but I continually get an error that I am not able to relay for the user. Has anyone got this to work...I have changed the Default User to have a legitmate email address but this does not work either. Please advise with any help...

TIA

Joe

3 Replies 3

joeharb
Level 5
Level 5

Update:

I can change the smtp etransport to another smtp server and send the email for a fax to my email address...this works fine. It seems to be an issue with Unity Connection receiving the message data. Any ideas?

Joe

Hi!

What's the exact error message you get?

I guess you are using Cisco Fax Server version 9.0 or later and followed the config steps from:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsag246.html

Are you using Exchange or Domino?

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Ok,

From what I have found what I am trying to do it not doable...which suprises me. At this point we wanted Cisco Fax Server to deliver to the persons Unity Mailbox and allow them to view the fax with Cisco PCA. I have found documentation that this is not doable. I have successfully had Cisco Fax Server deliver the fax via email to my email account. Sending has been an issue @ this point. We currently have both pop3 and exchange clients...moving to all exchange by end of year. Do you have to purchase the exchange integration portion to be able to send a fax via Outlook? I have enstalled the outlook form..but I when I send a message it gets regected imediately...what do I have to do on our server to allow the message to be delivered.

Thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: