cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with new device packages?

walderhaug
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running RME 4.0.6 and have a problem with archiving VLAN data from most of my devices. My server was back level so I started by upgrading from 4.0.5 to 4.0.6, and then installed all the device packages and patches released after that.

When this was complete the backup of VLAN data is failing for apx 250 of the devices with the following error:

*** Device Details for ABC_abc-12-34-sw1 ***

Protocol ==> SSH

CM0061 PRIMARY RUNNING Config fetch SUCCESS for ABC_abc-12-34-sw1, no change in configuration.CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for ABC_abc-12-34-sw1 Cause: Command failedVLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to ABC_abc-12-34-sw1 - Cause: Connection refused. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

Protocol order is SSH, TFTP, TELNET.

The only solution I found on this was to uninstall ALL device packages under RME and then reinstall 4.0.6. Then the config fetch was working again for most of the devices, except the ones that was not supported by device packages in 4.0.6.

Are there any known bugs to any of the device packages that can be causing this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated!

3 Replies 3

leorob123
Level 1
Level 1

The file vlan.dat can be fetched only if the Telnet password and Enable password are supplied.

I know it has to use Telnet OR SSH for this.

The thing is that it's working fine for the devices before installing the latest device packages. It's fetching the vlan.dat file using SSH.

After I install the device packages it does not work anymore. No credentials, ACLs, FW, device config has changed.

I have issue recently with 3800 routers RME looking vlan.dat after device package update. here is the solution I got if it's help full on your case. http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=Subscriptions&loc=.2cc2cc7f/9&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management