Views
Helpful
Replies

%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console

1lumkk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Has anyone encounter such error before? I am puzzled on who could have perform changes on my router.

7 Replies 7

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Its not an error but an information..

Mostly it would appear when a slot/module gets initialised i.e during a router boot etc..

Narayan

I hope it is not some1 doing a force access to my router as it is located at a remote area.

Yes and no. This informational message (not an error message) means that someone has consoled into the appliance and invoked the "config t" statement.

Do a "show run" and look at the first two lines and you will see what login name was used to console into the appliance (1st line) and whether or not the changes were saved (2nd line).

Does this help?

troystgermain
Level 1
Level 1

Would it say Config_"I" or config T if it were a console login?

We just had a 7600 relaod and I got the Config_I message and no one was consoled in at the time.  I was just checking to make SURE the "Config_I" notifications was just informational saying it restarted and loaded from the start config.

%SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console

Thanks,

Troy

Troy

Especially if your 7600 did a reload then it is quite certain that this is just an informational message. I think that perhaps you are confusing what is in a syslog message telling where the message came from (Config_I) with the command you use to enter configuration mode (conf t).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Rick-

My comments were in regard to the post before mine...

"Yes and no. This informational message (not an error message) means that someone has consoled into the appliance and invoked the "config t" statement."

He clearly stated it was a manual login / command execution..  I was trying to clear that up..  Config_I is device automatic and not a manual login.

But thank you for replying,

Troy

piroozpayam
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening,

I had the same error, I solved it by:

1- remove the router

2- add it again and configure it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco