Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice RTP not tagged in EF ?

ogor
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

It seems that my IP Phones 7911 have their voice flow that are not tagged in EF but in DSCP 0, why ?

DSCP For Call Control CS3

DSCP For Configuration Default

DSCP For Services Default

How can I change this, I'm with a CCME.

thanks

Olivier

7 Replies 7

Where are your IP phones connected?

Is it a switch?

Does that switch have MLS qos enabled? Does the port the phone is connected to have 'mls qos trust dscp' or 'mls qos trust cos'?

-nick

no mls qos enabled I want to specify the IP Phone to tag the RTP in EF and the sig in AF31 but on the phone not on the routers.

Temporarely I have configure policy-map to identify with ACL my RTP and Sig trafic and to tag them but I prefer to do it internally on the IP Phone (7911)

NM-16ESW with PPWR-DCARD-16ESW - I think this integrated switch enables mls qos by default. Default means that nothing is trusted so you do need to enable trusting as you suggest.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which exact IOS and phone FW ?

Hi,

They are connected on a NM-16ESW with PPWR-DCARD-16ESW router card.

Please check the attahed files to see the 2 type of routers used.

Olivier

Hi

The phones mark the packets by default, but you need to apply a mls command so the switch can trust the phone marking.

Add on the interface the

mls qos trust

You can see an example config on this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2797/products_configuration_example09186a00808066b8.shtml#step4

Regards

Pedro

calluknet
Level 1
Level 1

How is the access layer switch configured? Are the phones directly connected to your lan? What type of switch/line cards are you using?

Worst case scenario can you use MQC to remark RTP?