cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Shutting down AP's on the WLC

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

My customer has a 526 WLC installed in a guest Pavilion. It is supporting 5 521 Access Points. Yesterday the customer wanted to know if there was a way that they could from the WLC shut down access to the Wireless Network. They have a group in and DO NOT want their employees to have the ability to connect to wireless.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

jeff.kish
Level 7
Level 7

I'm not familiar with the 526, but if it's the same as the 2100/4400 series, you can disable the B/G and A networks. On the GUI, click on the Wireless tab, then look on the left for the 802.11b/g and 802.11a dropdowns. Click those and click on the network, then disable it from the following screen.

This may be useless if the 526 has a different GUI.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the client want only Guest to have access to the wireless, then how about configuring access with a time limit or using the LobbyAdministrator account to dish out Guest accounts with time limit (30 days or less).

Just like a 2106 you can disable all of the SSIDs from the gui. Yes, the 500 series controllers have the same gui as the big boys. Just not all of the features.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Create a LobbyAdministrator account.

Management -> Local Management User -> New

Fill in the blanks and when you reach User Access Mode, choose "LobbyAdministrator".

Log out and HTML back but use the LobbyAdministrator account.

From here, you can create/delete users for your hotspots. The user account you'll create is a "time bomb" with a maximum life of 30 days. If you want to create a permanent account follow my intial instructions but choose "ReadWrite" instead of LobbyAdministrator.

Does this help?

I don't think you got what he was trying to do here. This wasn't create a guest account. This was turn off wireless when a particular group was onsite. PLease read the problem first leo.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: