cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EPRT Request - Any thoughts or suggestions would be apprecaited.

We are using an ASA 5505 in a small office LAN environment. When we try to run the update process on a postage machine (the machine connects to an ftp server to download updates) the process always times out with 0% transfered. I set a capture on the 5505 and it shows a "Request EPRT" being sent from the postage machine. The response from the server is "500 'EPRT' command not understood." The vendor, Pitney Bows, says it is a network issue, not a problem with the machine -- apparently they have never encountered this before. That is hard for me to believe, but I have to take their word for it. I tried to research EPRT and only know that it is an IPV6 command introduced to replace the PORT command. Is there anything I can do at the ASA to fix this? Any comments would be apprecaited.

-Roger

2 Replies 2

connectone
Level 4
Level 4

Can turn debug on and post the log lines from the ASA.

Frank

I did set the log level to debug but that was not helpful. That is why I turned on capture. I don't know what the best way to post the lines from the pcap format file would be. I'll try to do that when I get a few minutes.

Thanks,

Roger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card