cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data and Guest Wlan

stanleyworks
Level 1
Level 1

Can I configure data WLAN is central auth/Local Switching and Guest WLAN central auth/Central Switching?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sure can. Just make sure the Data is set for HREAP Local switching, and you that you map the VLAN correctly per SSID.

On a related note....if you do put the Guest as local switch to go out a local Internet connection, the WLC will still serve up the Web Auth page, and then the traffic routes local.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Steve,

thanks for reply to my message.

I have addition question regarding to this.

on the Guest WLAN if I configure Central Auth/ Local Switching... is there option for me to add acl on this WLAN?

for example after pass auth. user only able to go internet...

thanks,

Nhan

Best place to put that ACL is on the Layer 3 interface for the network. Whether that is your Firewall, Router, or L3 enabled Switch.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: