cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HUM polling not working?

jlhainy
Level 2
Level 2

I am trying to set up some pulling of CPU, memory utilization and environmental polling. I have the pollers set up and used the appropriate instances, but my portlet says that there is no data to display. Trying to figure out why.

30 Replies 30

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of HUM? What are the statuses of your pollers?

version is 1.0 and my pollers are active. I have one poller polling several differnet templates and instances. Some of them, seem to be getting info just fine, others do not.

Did the portlets ever show data available? Or have they always reported no data since defining the pollers?

always reported no data since defining the pollers, for a few templates I am using, not all of them.

How are your problem pollers defined? What templates are you using?

I have one poller called core switch, I am using the cpu utilization, temp, interface utilization and memory utilization templates. I have all available instances checked.

I then have portlets set up to show top N cpu utilization, top n memory, top N interface utilization. My top n interface utilization is showing me the info, but the others say no data to display. This poller is the only one using the cpu memory & environmental temp templates so it has to be among the top N cpu because it is the only one.

ok, I just noticed that my memory utilization started showing data. Several hours after I configured the pollers. Does it just need to poll a certain amount of data before it shows results?

The HUM portlets should start showing data after two polling cycles.

that is not what is happening. Also, my memory stats disappeared and now says that there is no data to display.

Please post the HUMPortal.log.

The file is 7 meg in size. Each time I try to attach it, I get a time out and page cannot be displayed.

The file is pure text. Just compress it, and you should be able to post it.

oh duh on me. LOL sorry about that. Here you go.

The underlying queries are not finding any data. Go ahead, and delete your current poller, and recreate it. We've seen cases where this can get the real-time data to show up in the portlets.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: