For any and all folks considering using XMEDIUS (recommended), here are some technical considersations. This post is intended to help anyone avoid some issues we ran into:
1. IOS ver on gateways should be set to, at least, 12.4(15). We've adopted 12.4(22)T.
2. For h323 gateways, if possible, set the dial-peer to route fax calls directly to the XMEDIUS server (ipv4:XMEDIUS_IP), rather than using Route Patterns in CCM/UCM
3. For MGCP gateways, be sure to following the instructions on the XMEDIUS knowedlge base.
4. For MGCP gateways, the 'Overlap Receiving Flag for PRI' in system parameters should be set to FALSE (default is TRUE). We received intermittent re-order tone on various faxes ('Message Type not Implemented' during debug isdn q931)
5. Integrate with AD. It rocks. Being able to grant access and deliver email to boxes based on AD stuff (rather than fax server configs) is fantastic.
6. You have to use server NAME (not IP) when configuring the 'Active Directory' integration (this one took awhile to figure out)
7. Build an SNMP tool to monitor your channels. Buy what you need, not what you think you need.
Hope those help someone!