cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAAS - 2 arm inline deployment

edward.cheong
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 arm deployment on a WAE-7371 with inline deployment at the core. Both WAN routers are connecting to the same MPLS cloud.

I found out when the traffic going out via the L0/W0 & return via the same int inlinegroup then it's fine. But if the return traffic come in via the W1/L1 then the traffic will be PT no peer/ Asymetric.

Does anyway face this before or am I missing something?

Thanks.

Edward

6 Replies 6

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Edward,

Please let me know what version of WAAS you are running?

Thanks,

Dan

It's 4.0.19.

I've tried upgraded the core unit only to 4.1.1c after I found out about the asymetric issue however it doesn't help as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Edward

Edward,

4.0.19 is a solid version to be running with Inline. It seems like it may be missing intercepting some of the traffic somewhere. Are you seeing the traffic on both ends (DC and remote site) WAEs connection lists? Also, at this point, I usually start doing tracerouts from the client and server subnets to ensure you are not missing an unknown route somewhere.

Dan

Hi Dan,

We have deployed more than 12 remote sites + 1 at DC for the client. Traceroute from both client & server end shows that the traffic is flowing through the WAE at both ends.

However, at DC's WAE with the 2 arm deployment, if traffic going out through the inlinegroup 1/0 (due to HSRP active router) and return via inlinegroup 2/0 then it will not optimised. So far there is 1 remote site traffic is routing this way (return via inlinegroup 2/0).

When I change the HSRP active router to force the out going traffic flowing through inlinegroup 2/0, this particular remote site will be fine & traffic is being optimized. But the rest of the 11 remote sites will be in Asymetric PT.

That's why I hope to find out why asymetric routes on a single WAE with 2 arm will not optimized.

Thanks & Regards,

Edward

Ed,

I hope you have taken traces on all six legs of the traffic flow to ensure that both SYN and SYN-ACK are entering the WAE at both DC and Branch WAEs. Already you answered to Dan that you used 4.0.19 and 4.1.1c which rules out a bug that I was thinking about initially. At this point I suggest you open a TAC case.

thanks

Nat

Hi Nat,

Sure. I will open a TAC case for further investigation.

Thanks & Regards,

Edward

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: