cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID problem, 2 DID range on two seperate e1 Pri

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, so, I found why half the office users caller ID's work and the other half's caller ID shows some other number other then their DID number. The problem is that 1/2 our DID's are on one PRI and the other 1/2 is on another PRI.

8001 - 8147 Serial 0/0/0 - MAIN Number is 8320

8148 - 8599 Serial 0/0/1 - Main Number is 8915

Above are the DID ranges on their respected PRI. It looks like no matter what happens, the calls go out Se0/0/0 and will only go out SE0/1/0 if the calls over flow. Which is very unlikely.

I have attached my config, I am hoping someone can assist me in providing a solution as it is very critical that caller ID works. Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I believe you can use translation profiles to achieve this. After some thinking this is what I came up with. Test it and let us know ho wit goes...

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^0/ /10/

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /^0/ /20/

voice translation-profile DID1

translate called 1

!

voice translation-profile DID2

translate called 2

!

ephone-dn 1 dual-line

number 8005

label 55458005

description 8005- Reception

name Reception

translation-profile incoming DID1

call-forward busy 55458295

call-forward noan 55458295 timeout 20

corlist incoming InternatlCSS

!

ephone-dn 2 dual-line

number 8250

label 55458250

description 8250-Charles Cerminara

name Charles Cerminara

translation-profile incoming DID2

call-forward busy 55458295

call-forward noan 55458295 timeout 20

corlist incoming InternatlCSS

!

dial-peer voice 110 pots

corlist outgoing LocalPT

description first choice - local dialing

translation-profile outgoing CallingID

destination-pattern 10T

port 0/0/0:23

!

dial-peer voice 111 pots

corlist outgoing LocalPT

description second choice - local dialing

translation-profile outgoing CallingID

destination-pattern 20T

port 0/0/1:23

What we are doing here is using translation rules to append 1 and 2 to the called number so that we can route them to the appriopriate POTS port.

The rule is then applied to the desired ephone-dn.Hence when a user on DN 8005 calls 0XXXXX, the translation profile on the ephone-dn appends a 1 to it and sends the call to dial-peer 110 Pots with se0/0/0 circuit and the same goes for user 8250 where the xlation profile appends a 2 and sends the call to se 0/0/1.

HTH

Please rate all useful posts

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's not a difficult problem if telco can accept any DID of your using either PRIs. You may have to ask this explicitly and insist.

After you just set the two PRI in a trunk-group with hunt-scheme round-robin or least-used.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: