cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA Interface Processor-400 power - image problem

danwharam
Level 1
Level 1

I had an SPA Interface Processor 400 module in a new 6509, running: IOS (tm) s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVENTERPRISEK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF15a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I moved this module to an older 6509 running: IOS (tm) s3223_rp Software (s3223_rp-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(18)SXF15a, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

the error in the log is: Feb 7 15:40:40.541: %C6KPWR-SP-4-UNSUPPORTED: unsupported module in slot 2, power not allowed: The image for the card is not bundled in image.

Short of deploying the same IOS on the older 6509, I am not sure what other options that I have.

The data sheet says that for Sup32 12.2(18)SXE or later should work and I have 12.2(18)SXF-15a.bin

thanks

Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Daniel,

the old switch has a IPBASEK9 the previous switch has an ADVENTERPRISEK9.

The feature set matters so it is possible that you need to upgrade the image to an advanced enterprise on the switch with sup32.

This because a SIP400 is treated as a WAN interface.

Another note is that exists different versions of sup32:

the new sup32 /PISA

sup32 /MSFC2A

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Daniel,

the old switch has a IPBASEK9 the previous switch has an ADVENTERPRISEK9.

The feature set matters so it is possible that you need to upgrade the image to an advanced enterprise on the switch with sup32.

This because a SIP400 is treated as a WAN interface.

Another note is that exists different versions of sup32:

the new sup32 /PISA

sup32 /MSFC2A

Hope to help

Giuseppe

AGreed. It turns out that you have to select a feature set that has "wan" in the name. Almost all of them do, except the one that i was using which was IP Lan Only ssh. I switched to AdvancedEnterprise, but other smaller features sets would of worked as well.

thanks

Daniel

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card