Cluster not in Service after Update to 7.0.1 SR1

Unanswered Question
Feb 8th, 2009

We did an update on our UCCX HA Clutser from 5.0.2 SR2 to 7.0(1)SR01_Build210 and after that we could see that all services are running fine (without errors) but in the Control Center overview both servers are displayed with:

We had this in the past (Veriosn 5.0.1) and it was solved by a Service Release. Is there anyone with the same problem?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
m.liew Tue, 02/10/2009 - 17:12

I just finished the upgrade from 5.0(2) to 7.(0) SR 1 and also the Control Center shows Partial_Service, the status of all services is in_service.

andreas.eichhor... Tue, 02/10/2009 - 23:41

Thanks for your response. I think it is time to open a TAC Case. I will do this and I will sent the result later.

andreas.eichhor... Fri, 02/13/2009 - 04:28

Here is the result of the TACT Case: We have to wait for Service Release 2:

Thanks for those logs since that showed the issue immediately:

Service41: name=Cisco Desktop Agent E-Mail Service, node=001, state=SHUTDOWN, parent=null, type=Cisco Desktop Agent E-Mail Service,

logDir: C:\Program Files\Cisco\Desktop\log, en=true, uT=212, rT=0, version=7.0(1)SR01_Build210, serVer=2

So, based on that we found out that this is a known issue and it is just cosmetic.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method

=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq11812

That Cisco Desktop Agent E-Mail service is in Shutdown state and that's why App Admin page shows servers in PARTIAL_SERVICE.

Since you have IPCC Enhanced version, this email feature is not available.

Please refer to above defect CSCsq11812.

Pasting for your convenience:

DESCRIPTION CSCsq11812

-----------------

Server state is aggregation of Components State Components state is aggregation of Services state Service state is aggregation of Managers/Subsystem state

If any service is in shutdown state, Server state will be displayed as PARTIAL_SERVICE.

There is nothing to worry, it's just an UI defect, all other required services are running fine.

This defect has been fixed in 7.0.1SR2 but it is not yet avalable for download and it is planned for Mid May '09.

You can keep eye on CCO download page in the future to see when it becomes avaialable.

Again, There is nothing to worry, it's just an UI defect...

m.liew Tue, 02/17/2009 - 12:53

Good to know. Thank you for openning the TAC case.

Actions

This Discussion