UCCE Distrubutor cms_jserver bouncing

Answered Question
Feb 8th, 2009

Hi Guys

I have just installed UCCE 7.5 in a Progger setup.

I keep noticing that the CMS_Jserver service keeps bouncing with the following error message:

Unable to find class (null)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Cisco/ics/cms/config/Cms_Jserver.

Any one know what this could be?

Thanks,

Matt

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by joesnyde about 7 years 8 months ago

Hi Matt

Try this workaround for bug CSCsa24527.

1. Create directory, C:\bin

2. Copy conapi.jar and ccisCommon.jar from the C:\ICM\bin to the newly created directroy and restart the CMS and CMSJserver process.

Joe

Overall Rating: 5 (4 ratings)
david.macias Sun, 02/08/2009 - 17:27

re run setup and uncheck the cms server, you probably will not need it.

david

joesnyde Mon, 02/09/2009 - 08:23

Hi Matt

Unless you are using Agent Reskill, CEM, Collab or CIM you will not need the cms_jserver or cms. Rerun setup and uncheck the box. If you are using one of those products, rerun setup, making sure that the CMS is checked, clicking next, next untill the software installs. It maybe that the account is not working correctly.

matthewpage Mon, 03/30/2009 - 07:06

Hi Guys

Is there any way to fix this error with out having to disable cms? I need to demo the agent reskill feature but when ever i enable cms i get the same error:

"15:01:18 Trace: error occured, system exits...

15:01:28 Trace: unalbe to find class (null)

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Cisco/ics/cms/config/Cms_JServe"

Any ideas on how i fix that? I have the setup a couple of times now but it has made no difference.

Thanks,

Matt

Correct Answer
joesnyde Mon, 03/30/2009 - 12:24

Hi Matt

Try this workaround for bug CSCsa24527.

1. Create directory, C:\bin

2. Copy conapi.jar and ccisCommon.jar from the C:\ICM\bin to the newly created directroy and restart the CMS and CMSJserver process.

Joe

matthewpage Mon, 03/30/2009 - 12:39

HI Joe.

Thanks that worked a treat. Not only do you have to move the two files above you need to move the cms folder to C:\icm\ for some reason is it was saving it C:\icm\icm. Very strange and highly annoying.

Thanks again!

MATT

Rajesh Muthu Tue, 04/05/2016 - 06:46

HI Matt,

I am facing same issue on version 10.5. Could you please explain what was done to resolve

Actions

This Discussion