Helpful
Replies

@@ Question about DSP?

titomontos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If i use MGCP gateway and i apply DSP farm but

cisco tell us to make the Gateway SCCP if we use call manager, I cant understand?

5 Replies 5

Hi Tito,

You're going to have to give us more information about your question. I'm fairly confused to what you're asking for.

Maybe this helps:

If you have an MGCP gateway, call control is done with MGCP. But, it is still possible to run other protocols on the same router. If you like, you can run H323, SIP, MGCP, and SCCP all on the same router.

Applying a DSP farm on the router means that the DSPs will be SCCP controlled for conferencing, transcoding, or MTPs. The only way for those three things to be controlled is via SCCP.

This means that an MGCP gateway with media resources will run both MGCP and SCCP. MGCP for call control, and SCCP for media resources.

hth,

nick

Thanks a lot nick yours answer is what i looked for.

Please can u tell me what is the application that i can run 2 protocols on the same router?

Thanks...

The router will run all protocols by default. They all run on different software processes inside the router, and it is not something you need to worry about application-wise.

-nick

Thanks a lot, but i hopes to give me a specific application.

simply dspfarms are SCCP controlled

endpoints can be MGCP, H323, SIP whichever you choose. you can even have 1 of each and that's no trouble. i don't see where's the confusion

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: