cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change Telnet TCP port from 23 to 3001 (LMS 3.1)

a.olsthoorn
Level 1
Level 1

We would like to let LMS 3.1 use Telnet not with the standard TCP port number 23, but with TCP port 3001. Is that possible? Do we have to change a properties file? I checked the user guides of RME 4.2 and CS 3.2, but I could not find any information.

Regards.

Ad

System: Windows 2003, LMS 3.1.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this is not possible. Both the telnet and SSH ports are hardcoded to be 23 and 22 respectively.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply! It's a pity that this is not configurable, is there a way that RME works with an token? In this situation the customer authenticate switch access with a token and LMS in this case is just an ordinairy user. In the token application it is not possible to add a special user with a fixed token for a year or so. That's why we want to fix this on the switch with a special telnet port number.

Is this solvable?

regards

Ad

I'm not sure I understand the token workflow. There is a mechanism in RME when it comes to things like Netconfig called Job Based Passwords. A Job Based Password allows one to specify credentials to be used for the job when the job is scheduled. This has typically allowed customers using rotating password tokens to use RME.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the quick reply! It's a pity that this is not configurable, is there a way that RME works with an token? In this situation the customer authenticate switch access with a token and LMS in this case is just an ordinairy user. In the token application it is not possible to add a special user with a fixed token for a year or so. That's why we want to fix this on the switch with a special telnet port number.

Is this solvable?

regards

Ad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco