Level 2

Hello

I need clarification

I am using the Cisco 1242 Radio with

AIR-ANT5959 with 2dBm gain

and the

AIR-CAB005LL-R cable with 0.5dB loss

Where can you enter this in the Cisco WCS

access point configuration - when you select the ANT5959 antenna it automatically adds 2DBm for the Antenna without an option to subtract the loss for the cable

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Very much so. I wish Cisco would just buy the Airmagnet product and incorporate that. Much more accurate and has tons of configuration options.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

You must enter it as a custom omni directional antenna and calculate the total gain on the antenna including cable loss. EIRP = Transmitter Output power + antenna gain - cable loss.

Dennis

Thanks for the reply

The only option available for external antenna's is "other" so If I use this the total gain will be 2 (antenna gain) - 0.5 (cable loss) = 1.5

It is a shame that the self documenting of the ANT5959 is lost due to the cable loss calculation.

Do you agree

Mark

Very much so. I wish Cisco would just buy the Airmagnet product and incorporate that. Much more accurate and has tons of configuration options.

Dennis

Thanks

Mark

Dennis-

Are you referring to AirMagnets Enterprise Analyzer for Cisco? The site I'm at is looking into wireless tools - they've got WCS, but just started to look into either AM's Enterprise Analyzer or Cisco's Spectrum Expert - not sure which way to go....

Airmagnet Site Survey Pro with Planning Module. This is the best predictive Ive seen to date for .11n. I own Airmagnet WifiAnalyzer and Spectrum Expert as well. They each have very important places in my tool box.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card