cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Route DDI to a QSIG trunk

r.robins
Level 1
Level 1

We have Call Manager 6.1 cluster with 2 PRI's and a QSIG trunk to a siemens ISDX.

The PRI's have a master number assigned 617171 and I want to route all calls to this number across the qsig trunk to the ISDX. I set up a route pattern but all I get when I call the number is "unobtainable". If I set up a device on the CM with ext 7171 and call the line rings.

Any Idea's from anyone.

18 Replies 18

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you using H.323 or MGCP ?

All gateways are MGCP

Sorry, can't help much then. With H.323, it would be a 4 commands setup.

Hi,

Can you provide some details of how the routing is configured - not much information yet.

Need to know about routing heirarchy, gateways configuration, route groups / route lists, route patterns etc.

Also provide information about calling search space on all gateways, and the partitions in which route patterns reside.

Thanks,

Chris

Routing is set to all outbound calls go out via the 2 MGCP gateways (each has a PRI connected)

Each of these PRI have a single number assigned and I want to test fax/modem calls inbound/outbound prior to asking our privider (BT) to swing multiple DDI ranges on to the new PRI's.

The gateways are on the same CSS as the CM based phones.

We also have an ISDX connected with a QSIG trunk that has 1200 extensions connected to it. QSIG trunk router is on a different CSS.

If I run debug isdn q931 on gateway I get the following:-

*Feb 9 13:11:55.320: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: RX <- SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0001

Sending Complete

Bearer Capability i = 0x9090A3

Standard = CCITT

Transfer Capability = 3.1kHz Audio

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98381

Exclusive, Channel 1

Progress Ind i = 0x8483 - Origination address is non-ISDN

Called Party Number i = 0x81, '617171'

Plan:ISDN, Type:Unknown

*Feb 9 13:11:55.328: ISDN Se0/1/0:15 Q931: TX -> RELEASE_COMP pd = 8 callref = 0x8001

Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number

Which would suggest it does not know the number dialled.

The route pattern I put on the CM is 7171 - direct all calls to QSIG gateway.

I also have all gateways strip all digits apart from the last 4 which should leave 7171.

did you get it to work?

Still cannot get it to work.

Further tests carried out - setup a dummy phone on the CUCM ext no 7171 and set divert all calls to an ext on the ISDX.

Inbound calls come in to GW and straight to QSIG GW and terminate on end device correctly.

What is 7171 on the ISDX? Is it a switchboard number ?

So you have a Route Pattern of 61.71717 with a predot to strip the 61? Is the 7171 set up as a auto terminate on the ISDX anywhere i.e Telco link? If you dial 7171 is it a real DN on the ISDX -

Ask the ISDX guy to do LEX 7171 on the CLI

Sorry LEX A 7171

I have 61.7171 Route Pattern with strip predot

7171 is an ext on the ISDX with a modem connected.

With debug Q931 on the 2 gateways, I only see "Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number" on the PRI gateway.

It's as though the CUCM doesn't recognize that the number is set in a route pattern.

I can't assign the DN to anything as CUCM then will not allow the route pattern to be created after that.

Hi,

You said that when the call from PSTN comes in (617171) this can be made to ring an IP phone with the extension 7171 right? If so, then you must be truncating to 4 digits inbound from PSTN.

So, this would require a 4-digit match in the route pattern to the iSDX, however you have 61.7171 which is 6 digits.

Try making another route pattern (copy of 61.7171) but with only the last 4 digits. Make this route pattern in a partition that is accessible to the PSTN GW's CSS and then let us know what happens.

Sorry if I have the wrong end of the stick here, but I just wanted to make sure...

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I already tried a route pattern on 7171 but still get the same issue.

Noticed on the debugs that called number was 617171 so tried 61.7171 aswell.

I strip all but the last four digits inbound on both gateways and append 7626 to all calls passed to the QSIG GW.

"7171 is an ext on the ISDX with a modem connected.

With debug Q931 on the 2 gateways, I only see "Cause i = 0x8081 - Unallocated/unassigned number" on the PRI gateway.

"

Can anyone dial the numebr 7171 within the ISDX, as you know the Unassigned number response is normally meant that the "gateway" can not access the DN - I.e bad Partitons, CSS on CUCM ,this could also be true on the ISDX- Is the Extension the same set up as normal phones ask the DX guy is there a barring with regards to the DN not be able to be accessed via the Trunk/QSIG. As it is a modem they may have have set up on the trunk barring/stopping calls from the Qsig ringing the DN/ Modem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: