cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1242 converted from autonomous to LWAP and problem

astanislaus
Level 2
Level 2

AP 1242 units at other sites work fine when going from Autonomous to LWAPP, but one APs at one site alone are giving problems. They join the WLC and very shortly reboot and keep doing the same over and over agin.

=========================================

In the attachments just look at AP1242 whoce MAC address is 00:1a:e2:53:0f:aa

=========================================

The screen shot of WLC is attached when the AP joined it. And also output of show ap summery is attached to confirm that the AP is joining with WLC for few minutes and getting rebooted.

5 Replies 5

SJessulat_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

could you check the logs of the WLC, where the AP connects and reboots?

It's under Management->Logs->Message Logs. Are there any log entries related to your AP?

There should be a message about this AP disconnecting at least, maybe even with the explicit reason why.

Greets,

Sebastian

I've had this problem before with the 1242's. The AP's in question had older code and needed to be primed before the successfully joined the controller. Up until that point, they would show up and disappear again. TAC informed me that this was normal behavior.

Prime them by attaching them directly to a controller or to an AP that is already up and working.

This worked for me.

Pardon my ignorance. What does Prime mean. You mean IOS upgrade.

Please see the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/1240/installation/guide/124h_f.html

This will allow the controller to upgrade the AP without traversing a WAN / LAN.

Oh... one last tidbit... I only had to do this for MAP's. To prime them, I could connect them to any RAP that was already associated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card